Calverton Road, Stony Stratford

27 Calverton Road, Stony Stratford

1776

This two storey extension to a Victorian Presbytery replaces a lean-to summer house, and comprises a new orangery like garden room on the ground floor with a new library and an en-suite bathroom as extensions to upper floor rooms.  The existing tall ground floor ceiling height is used to advantage to create the orangery feel with the terracotta tiled floor, and the tall windows.  In the first floor library the ceiling, following the pitch of the roof, allows for extra book storage at high level, accessible via a library ladder.